As John Denver sang: “It’s about time, it’s about changes, and its about time.”
Biotech giant Monsanto reported multiple profit-plummets in 2015 relating to sales for both its genetically modified crop creations and its best-selling herbicide, Roundup. Once again, Monsanto has reported declining profits for the fiscal second-quarter earnings – by 25%.
For Monsanto’s 2nd quarter, total sales for Monsanto dropped 13%; with one of Monsanto’s top-sellers, corn seeds, falling 11%. The biotech giant cites an “unfavorable agricultural market” for its losses, pointing out that:
- Pressures in overseas markets is increasing
- Farmers are reporting less income due to less-than-ideal harvests
- The strength of the U.S. dollar made products more expensive
But the company makes little or no mention of the other key factors affecting its bottom line.
- Organic food demand is exploding like crazy – and the figures show no sign of it slowing any time soon.
- The world is seeing how toxic pesticides and herbicides really…
View original post 400 more words